Under the general direction of Project manager Resources, the Lead reviewer will act as a single point of linguistic contact for Moravia reviewers' teams, project teams and customers. The recipient is expected to also cooperate with the Quality manager in terms of linguistic quality management and other linguistic processes, developments and definitions of workflows, introduction of new tools. The Lead reviewer is the guard of quality translations and the customer voice on the market. In additional the Lead reviewer cooperates with other Lead reviewers, creating a community.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofreads, edits and review of all translated drafts received from the translation teams
- Finds, reports, and reviews translation errors and concerns in a systematic way by providing written, unbiased feedback
- Acts as the single point of contact for Moravia reviewers' teams in terms of terminology support, project reference, instructions and guidelines
- Creates and maintains glossaries, style guides, and translation memories
- Communicates with the client, translators and project manager about the language issues
- Contributes to the linguistic workflows and processes definitions and specifications
- Coordinates (training, development, evaluation) and provide feedback to the reviewers
- Organizes project meetings with translators/localizers and reviewers
- Assigns projects according to reviewers' capacity and monitors projects' workflow and check deadlines are met
- Assists other language Lead reviewers whenever needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Native Japanese Speaker
- Translation experience
- Min. experience in the field: 3 years
- Revision experience, an asset
- English: Upper-Intermediate
- Knowledge of translation-specific tools and resources
- MS Office applications - Outlook
- Bachelor degree in translation or extensive experience in the field
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >