His/her goal is to control/configure the C&E Lego/Fabric workflows process between Microsoft and Moravia's production teams, supervising the correct funtionality by monitoring status and troubkeshooting any issues reported by the loc platform or telemetry reports. He/she will act as Tier 1 support engineer, by triaging/troubleshooting the errors found on workflows and solving loc tickets generated by MOR production team / MS Production team. In case that MOR L-IPE cannot solve the assigned loc ticket, it is escalated to Tier 2 (MS engineers).
The role requires a good understanding of the Microsoft SW localization process and platform + knowledge of source control systems.
Location: Nanjing, China
Job Status: Full-time
Industry: Translation and Localization
Reports to: IPE Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor LEGO localization platform status and resolve production related workflow failures, especially Scanning, LCL seeding ,HandOff, HandBack, HandBack Verification and Check LCL existency.
- Monitor e-mail notifications from Fabric support team and resolve production related workflow failures, especially Fabric LCG file Import and LCL file export workflows.Checks consistency and implementation of verification rules
- Configure/schedule LEGO main workflowsSource Code management (SD checkout/check-in, branching, communication)
- Monitor exceptions to workflows and troubleshoot
- EOL setting and LCL Seeding for newly added LCGs
- Resolve MOR & MS production issues through loctickets as Tier 1 support
- Owns the triage, prioritization and investigation of all loctickets assigned to Tier 1
- Escalates issues that can't be resolved by Tier 1 to Support Tier 2/MS SEs
- Running on demand LEGO workflows when requested (usually during endgame)
- Performing manual check-in to core team source control systems in case standard LEGO-Fabric workflow is not working or applicable
- Creation and execution of customized scripting solutions, to automate processes
- Follows Moravia-specific and client-specific standards, practices and policies
- Tracks all work according to general and project-specific instructions
- Support production team when any information needs to be provided for their own troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skill in English (Both written and oral)
- At least basic knowledge of source control systems (GIT, TFS)
- Knowledge of work with remote desktop and VM
- Basics to intermediate scripting (Batch, Windows Scripting Host (js, vbs), Perl, RegEx)
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
Education and/or Experience
- Technical education, preferably in Computer Science; University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Localization Engineering and software localization experience with MS projects is preferred
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Acceptable file formats are Microsoft Word documents (.doc), Rich-Text Format (.rtf), PDF files (.pdf) and plain text files (.txt).
Do you have one particular business need you’d like to meet? We can help. Get in touch and we’ll have one of our experts give you a free assessment.Contact us >